Since its inception, the Bahá'í Faith has been intimately concerned with questions addressing the reconstruction and advancement of society. The teachings of Bahá'u'lláh are principally directed toward effecting a transformation in the spiritual and material conditions of humankind--a transformation that Bahá'u'lláh states "will ensure the freedom, well-being, tranquillity, exaltation and advancement of all men."
With every passing decade concepts that were bewildering or unthinkable when Bahá'u'lláh first identified and elaborated them have increasingly been accepted by leaders of thought and public opinion. Bahá'ís are therefore confident that the vision of global peace and prosperity set forth in the Bahá'í teachings will eventually be embraced by humanity.
Whether in areas of governance, community organization and identity, economic justice, social and economic development, the advancement of women, moral development, or human rights, the Bahá'í teachings offer unique perspectives on contemporary global trends and movements of social change.
In this section, individual Bahá'í authors examine a variety of subjects of current interest. Also included are statements by various National Bahá'í institutions around the world. Essays by individual authors do not represent the official view of any Bahá'í institution.
- The Hidden Words of Bahá'u'lláh - Bahá'u'lláh
A treasury of brief, gem-like utterances of Bahá'u'lláh. Themes include the nobility of creation, the mystical relationship between God and humanity, and the importance of humanity's response to divine counsel.
- Some Answered Questions - Abdu'l-Bahá
A compilation of 'Abdu'l-Bahá's replies to questions put to Him by Laura Clifford Barney. Discusses a wide range of spiritual and philosophical subjects, including the influence of the Prophets on humanity's evolution, various Christian subjects, the nature of the Manifestations of God, the nature of humanity, and many miscellaneous subjects.
- Promise of World Peace - Universal House of Justice, October 1985
This statement addresses humanity's coming of age, the spiritual roots of peace, the path to world order, the construction of a peaceful global civilization, and the basis of human happiness.
- The Prosperity of Humankind - Bahá'í International Community, January 1995
A statement on the concept of global prosperity in the context of the Bahá'í Teachings
- Two Wings of a Bird: The Equality of Women and Men -
A Statement of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the United States
A statement on the Baha'i view of the principle of full equality of women with men.
- The Vision of Race Unity: America's Most Challenging Issue - A statement by the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of the United States
A statement about the need to eradicate racism and unite the peoples of all races.
These video clips and Flash presentations are courtesy of the Bahá'í Community of the United States and the Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of New York City
- The Power of Race Unity is a short series of slides that tackles the issue of race unity via photos and short quotations from the Bahá'í Scriptures. (Click on the image to the left)
- Unity in Diversity - This short 4 minute video is one young woman's discovery of the Baha'i Faith.
- What do Bahá'ís Believe? - This brief 4 minute video shares the basic facts about the Bahá'í Faith.
- Who is Bahá'u'lláh? - Discover the life of Bahá'u'lláh's through this 11 minute video presentation.
- We Are One - Join Dan Seals for this 8 minute intro to the teachings and history of the Bahá'í Faith
- What role do youth play? - Watch this 6 minute clip of the different ways the Bahá'í Youth offer service.
- Views of the Bahá'í Holy Land - This presentation is made from the slides taken of the Bahá'í Holy Land by a New York City Bahá'í. The Bahá'í holiest spots are found on Mount Carmel (in Haifa, Israel) and in and around the city of `Akká.
- Siyáh-Chál presentation commemorates the momentous events related to Bahá'u'lláh's confinement in Iran's "black pit."